“Dedicated technical IT education, research, and practice towards excellence to produce competent and skilled intellectual IT professionals.”
The mission of the IT department supports the mission of the Institute and is committed to the following core values:
- To provide need based training to students on latest IT tools to become productive global citizens.
- To provide IT based solutions for real life problems of the society.
- To provide an environment for continuous learning and research to investigate, apply and transfer knowledge.
The program educational objectives support the missions of the department. The IT Program will enable its students to
- Graduates will have the necessary background knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering and IT skills to investigate and analyze a problem, design solution and consequent development/implementation using modern IT tools and test it before delivering to society.
- Graduates will engage in life-long learning and self improvement to pursue research, post graduate program in a field such as engineering, science, business or to remain aware of the current trends in their incumbent profession in order to become industry ready.
- Graduate will recognize and incorporate societal needs and constraints in their professional endeavors, and practice their profession with high regard to legal, social, environmental and ethical responsibilities towards society.
- Graduates will Communicate effectively as an IT professional with users, peers and higher management & manage project efficiently individually or in a team, as a participant or a leader.
Program Outcome (POs):
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering. (fundamental engineering analysis skills)
- Analyze a problem, and Identify, formulate and use an appropriate technique to solve engineering problems. (engineering problem solving skills)
- Design and conduct experiments, as well as analyze and interpret data. (information retrieval skills)
- Design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability. (creative skills)
- Function on multidisciplinary tasks and teams; either as leader or team member. (team work)
- Use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools and software necessary for engineering practice and software development. (practical engineering analysis skills)
- Understand professional and ethical responsibility. (professional integrity)
- Communicate effectively using written and oral communication skills to document and present work. (communication skills)
- Understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, societal context and contemporary issues. (engineering impact assessment skills)
- Acquire new knowledge, innovate ideas, engage in research and life-long learning on self basis. (continuing education awareness)
- Pursue post graduate programs in IT or related fields, and/ or be prepared to begin a professional career in the field of IT. (successful career and immediate employment)
- A knowledge of contemporary issues (social awareness)
Program Specific Outcome (PSOs):
- Able to analyze real life problems / business functions and identify, design, and develop appropriate IT solutions for same (web, desktop, mobile app, network, and/or database applications).
- Ability to update knowledge continuously in the tools and platforms (like Rational Rose, Android etc) and technologies like storage, computing, communication to meet the industry requirements
- Comprehend and resolve common desktop and network issues; and configure and administer database servers.
Department of Information Technology is running undergraduate courses BE. Curriculum of courses is same as given by RGTU Bhopal. Apart from this curriculum department provides facility to update students as per the requirement of Industries in the form of certification courses like Oracle, Microsoft, EMC2 etc.
Department is having association with professional body like IEEE, CSI and ISTE. We are having student branch of various societies like:
- CSI Student Branch
- IEEE Student Branch
- IEEE Computer Society Chapter
- IEEE Woman in Engineering Affinity Chapter
- ISTE Student Chapter
In 2007, we have started CSI student branch. Under the banner of CSI, students had organized three successful National level Technical Festivals and developed their entrepreneur skill with academics. In 2009, we have started IEEE Student Branch to explore research activity in the department. Under IEEE we have organized number of workshops like Information Security, Robotics, and MATLAB etc. Most of our students are doing their projects as research project and published their papers in International level conferences organized by IEEE, ACM etc. Our students have also got the placement in research field. In 2010, we have got the permission to start IEEE Computer Society Chapter and IEEE Women in Engineering Chapter.
As our college name is having “Research” word, we started a research forum “DELVING” in college campus to support research activity in faculty as well as in students. Under DELVING we have organized a National level Conference on “Software Engineering and Information Security” in October 2009. We have also started an International Level Journal with ISSN number “DELVING: Journal of Technology and Engineering Science” in 2009.
BE IT : 120
- Academic Infrastructure at Information Technology department leverages the best of multidisciplinary faculty.
- In order to prepare students for the corporate world, AITR had student welfare scheme under which DELL Laptops are being catered to our students so that they can upgrade themselves with the latest IT tools and can become IT professionals of global standards.
- Stress free learning audio-video classrooms, seminar halls, board rooms, discussion rooms with modern furniture, LCD and OHP, and exclusive facilities for tutorial, workshops make studying at IT department, AITR a pleasure.
- Well Equipped Laboratories.
- Wi-Fi zone and Leased Line Internet.
- E-Library with more than 25000 books and 52 National and International Journals.
- Departmental Library has 6 National and International Journals and subscription of 12 magazines.
- On line lectures of National and International Experts through EDUSAT.
- IEEE Student Branch & IEEE Computer Society Students Chapter to foster technological innovations for the benefits of humanity & motivate the research among students.
- IEEE Women in Engineering to promote Women in engineering education for their welfare.
- ISTE professional society membership to foster quality education to foster the quality learning.
- CSI Student Branch to promote quality education.
- Training and Placement cell.
- Industrial visits.
- Financial assistance to outstanding students and need based students every year.
- Technical and Soft Skill Training for campus selection.
- Dell computers with 19” TFT-LCD monitors.
- Microsoft, Oracle & EMC academic alliance Program.
- Research and Consultancy Programs
- Energy Conservation Cell and Energy Audit for Industries.
- Language Lab.
- News Bulletin.