About Tsdc :
Looking at the ever increasing demand for professional expertise and with the objective of bridging gap between academia and what industry needs, Acropolis Group of Institutions took initiative and launched its Technical Skills Development Cell (TSDC) in the year 2008.
TSDC started its operations with the sole aim of grooming students professionally so that they can map themselves to current market needs. The IT giants and MNCs undoubtedly give preference to the certified professionals. The certifications offered under TSDC gives the students an upper hand during recruitments, guaranteeing quality employment, hence, TSDC works as a platform wherein students can promote themselves in a much better and confident manner in today’s competitive market.
- Android Training for MCA (final year) and BE (CS/IT) final yearfrom 31st July 2013 to 08th August 2013
- Introduction of “Hands-On School” – a self-learning programming tool on 15th July 2013 and 16th July 2013
- Industrial Training for BE (CSE/IT) final year – 2013 from 17th June 2013 to 30th July 2013
- Certification Course on Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) for Database Fundamentals (MCA– I year) 30th May 2013
- Faculty Development Program (FDP) on JAVA technology for Department of ITon 17th May 2013 and 18th May 2013
- Certification Course on Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) for Database Fundamentals (BE (CS) –III year) from 12th April 2013 to 04th May 2013
- Certification Course on Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) for Database Fundamentals (BE (IT) -III year and MCA-II year) from 18th March 2013 to 09th April 2013
- HackTricks – A workshop on ethical hacking on16thMarch 2013 to 17thMarch 2013.
- Course on JAVA (Core + Advanced) for BE(CS/IT)second year & MCA final yearfrom 01stFebruary 2013 to 28thFebruary 2013.
- Course on Core JAVA for MCA second year from 07thJanuary 2013 to 21stJanuary 2013.
- Course on PHP-MySQL for MCA final yearfrom 04thJanuary 2013 to 20thJanuary 2013.
- Course on ASP.NET for MCA final yearfrom 13thSeptember 2012 to 18thOctober 2012.
- Course on Redhat Enterprise Linux (Redhat Academy)from 19th July 2012 to 30th July 2012
- BE (CS/IT) final year student’s summer training – June 2012 – May 2012
- IIT-Bombay Spoken Tutorials Linux workshop on 18th May 2012
- Course for Microsoft certification in MS-SQL Server 13th Feb 2012.
- IIT-Bombay Spoken Tutorials PHP-MySQL workshop on 8th Feb 2012
- Workshop on Information and Storage Management 3-7 January 2012
- Cost Effective :- TSDC is a step forward towards helping students to identify their potentials and groom their technical and interpersonal skills, thereby, becoming competitive with current market needs. TSDC offers courses on highly discounted rates, the small amount of fees (if sometimes) chargeable is only to meet certain external expenses or certification costs. Hence, as a student at TSDC yousave big costs that would have otherwise incurred to do the same course(s) from other commercial or professional institutes.
- Time Saving :- Since TSDC is a part of Acropolis (and within the college campus), students doing courses save lot of time and efforts that they might have wasted in commuting from college to coaching and return, moreover, the schedules of TSDC courses are planned minimizing students’ academic loss or lecture miss.
- Expert Guidance :- TSDC offer expert guidance under one roof, you as a student of Acropolis college have a privilege of getting to know and hear from industry experts directly before entering the cut-throat market competition.
- Industry Visits:- TSDC frequently conducts educational tours and industry visits, the students through these tours are made aware of latest trends in the industry. Solid conceptual background through classroom lectures and their practical implementations through frequent educational tours to industries is a big value addition to student’s employability.
- Additional Qualification with your Degree :- Looking at today’s competitive world, having vendor certifications with the basic degree enhances knowledge, make students more practical oriented and adds to the employability of the student.
Why should one become certified?
1. It provides a proof of professional achievement.
2. Increases your marketability and employability.
3. Provides better opportunities for advancement in your area of work.
4. Raises confidence in you and your company services.
TSDC offers myriad courses and workshops, that are conducted frequently from time to time round the year; TSDC offers job oriented courses & international certification to its students; we also call upon experts from industry & academia to impart technical knowledge to our students adding more practical value to our courses and workshops.
TSDC has following International certifications on offer –
|Brand / Academy||Courses|
|Microsoft||Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) MTA courses – Microsoft Windows Development Fundamentals Microsoft Web Development Fundamentals Microsoft .NET Fundamentals|
|Oracle||Oracle Certified Associate (OCA) Oracle Certified Professional (OCP) Oracle Certified Java Professional (OCJP) Oracle Certified Web Component Developer (OCWCD) Oracle Certified Business Component Developer (OCBCD)|
|EMC||EMC Professional Associate (EMC PA) EMC Cloud Architect (EMC CA) EMC Data Center Architect (EMC DCA)|
In addition to above international certifications TSDC also offers professional and industry oriented courses based on current market demand like PHP-MySQL, Android development, iPhone development etc…
Creo Trainings :- For the students of Mechanical Engineering, Computer Added Drafting, Computer AddedProduct Design (CAD) and simulation with CAE are the subjects of prime importance. To gain the knowledge and compete in the present day industrial world, the students must be trained in the most modern soft-ware viz. pro/Engineer (creO), AutoCad, pro /Mechanical (creo simulate), etc. The Mechanical Engineering department has purchased these software and provides world-class trainers to make the students capable for obtaining the best employment opportunities. Students also get certification from leading software companies as a value addition.
Red Hat Academy:- Schools across the globe are recognizing the value and need to teach students relevant and proven Linux knowledge and skills in their technology programmes. Red Hat® Academy provides education programmes in high schools, higher education institutes and economic development organisations worldwide with the technology and support to offer a Linux® academic curriculum. Acropolis opted for Red Hat Academy on train-the-trainer pattern with the aim of making its students abreast with latest technological trends in Linux®. The courses that will be run under Red Hat academy willbe Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA).
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) :- The MTA suite of certification products helps schools teach and validate core IT infrastructure, software development and database administration knowledge. Becoming MTA certified provides students with better opportunities of a career in while allowing them to demonstrate aptitude for advanced certifications, internships, apprenticeships and some entry-level jobs. Acropolis under its Microsoft Academy runs various MTA courses like:
- Web Development Fundamentals
- MS SQL Server
- Database Fundamentals
Oracle Academy :- Oracle Academy is a $1 billion commitment made by Oracle Corporation to provide Oracle software, curriculum and certification resources to the higher education community. Its intention is to enable educators to use cutting edge resources to provide the most substantial educational experiences to students in all disciplines. Oracle Academy resources are proving relevant across the academic spectrum. Our faculties are using the resources in a variety of ways:
- core component to an advanced database class
- capstone course in an MBA Information Technology program
- introduce industry certification materials in an Information Systems course
- to track and aggregate results in chemistry experiments
- to store population data in urban planning courses
- relational database illustration tool inintroductory database courses
Computer science, engineering and information systems students gain exposure to Oracle’s world-class software, giving them a competitive advantage as they prepare to enter the workforce. The certifications offered under this academy are:
– Oracle Certified Associate (OCA)
– Oracle Certified Professional (OCP)
EMC Academic Alliance :- The EMC® Academic Alliance programme, a collaboration with colleges and universities worldwide, was created to address the lack of skill resulting from the growing volume and complexity of data. This sharp increase in data creation and the heightened importance of storing, protecting, and managing it, has elevated information storage as a central function of the IT infrastructure.
EMC offers the unique ‘open’ Information Storage and Management (ISM) course as part of the commitment to global citizenship and social investment. This course will arm students with the knowledge necessary to stand out in the job market and improve their competitive advantage. The certification offered under this programme is:
– EMC Professional Associate (EMC PA)
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) :- A Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification helps validate proficiency in using Microsoft Office products and meets the demand for the most up-to-date skills on the latest Microsoft technologies. Candidates who pass a certification exam show that they can meet globally recognised performance standards. Acropolis, under its MOS licenses with Microsoft provides training and certification for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 and Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007.
Updation Programmes in Civil :- In addition to the university syllabus, students of Civil Engineering are provided with various opportunities to keep pace with the industry requirement. Students undergo Special Training Programmes, which among others include training on Green Buildings, Construction Quality Monitoring, Construction Project Management, Entrepreneurship Development, Advanced Surveying Techniques, AutoCAD, STADD Pro and MS Project.
Bentley Softwares :- State-of-the-art civil computer laboratory is equipped with more than 50 Applied Softwares of Civil Engineering. It includes Bentley Software covering various civil engineering specialisations like Structural Design, Water and Hydraulic Engineering, Plant Design and Operations, Geomatics GIS and Mapping, Roads and Bridge Design, etc.
|Prof. Sanjay Bansal||Head – TSDC|
|Mr. Nitin Kulkarni||Coordinator – TSDC|
|Mr. Yashpal Patel||Trainer – TSDC|
|Mr. Nikhil Shrivastava||Trainer – TSDC|
TSDC Vision & Mission
Grooming students as per industry needs thereby increasing the employability of every Acropolisian.
Conducting frequent industry oriented practical courses, workshops and expert talks that help achieve TSDC vision.